Hungarian Practising Recurve Bow
Starting at: £5.30
Simple but dynamic bow for all age!
All our bows are created by a special treatment in order to resist cold and heat and are for a long use! Naturally we give one year guarantee.
Our only bow with artificial leather - for a very reasonable price!
"Originally meant for Juvenile, this bow can be used by everyone as it's draw length is about 29 ”, draw weight from 25 to 45#"
Unexpectedly good for the price!
As my first bow it is great fun!. very portable and shoots smoothly. however the finish quality is not great (but hey, its cheap and finish is just looks!) also the handle is very skinny and quite frankly uncomfortable after a few quivers full of arrows. i fixed this by wrapping more leather around it to make a palm swell and thicken it. Now it is very comfortable. Was noisy when i got it but i made some wool string silencers and this fixed it. also the way that the string is made means brace height is hard to keep constant (but as a noob that really doesn't bother me too much for £75)
Would recommend to beginners like me! :)
I was a bit hesitant at first to buy such a cheap horsebow, but I was pleasantly surprised. I bought a right handed one with a draw weight at 40lb (at 28inch). I have been shooting it on and off for around 5/6 months.
- The design of the bow makes it really easy to draw the bow. It doesn't feel like 40lb when you draw back but still does 40lb worth of damage. I would recommend going for a higher draw weight if you plan on shooting with the Mediterranean draw.
- It shoots well whether you use the Mongolian (thumb) or Mediterranean (3 finger) draw.
- Don't need protection for your fingers (or thumb) because its so forgiving on your fingers compared to other bows of the same draw weight.
- Cheap, definitely worth investing in for a beginner who just wants to learn his technique and just experiment.
- Good build quality. Very light in the hand.
- Will be difficult to buy another bowstring for this bow. It will have to be a custom bowstring.
- I personally think the handle is too thin, but you can always add your own wrap to make it thicker.
Also this bow doesn't come with a nocking point installed, you will have to buy that separately.
IT IS REALLY GOOD ONE
I was in doubts when buying the bow but all of them disappeared just I've started shooting. It's so good, smooth drawing and easy in targets aiming. The bow is perfect as for kids well as their parents, for beginners or experienced archers. I'm planning to buy a few more ones.